A new Stewart’s shop in Fulton County opened it's doors on December 2nd, and was celebrated with a Grand Opening event on December 11th.
The new shop is located in the town of Johnstown at 1037 Route 29A (East Fulton Street Extension), known as the former site of the Loblaws building.
Along with traditional Stewart’s products such as milk, coffee, and ice cream, Stewart’s has expanded its ‘Easy Food’ options to include freshly made pizza and subs, as well as a walk-in cooler called a ‘beer cave.’ The over 3,000 square foot shop also features two bathrooms, LED lighting, a large gas island with eight fueling points, and the availability of diesel and kerosene. This location also provides a significant increase in parking spaces and all new landscaping to add to its outward appeal. This new shop replaces the former location across the street, which has now closed.
A ribbon cutting was held Friday morning, followed by a donation of $1,000 to the Fulton-Montgomery Community College to support student scholarships.
Back in September, Our camera was rolling as demolition crews knocked down the final portions of old Loblaws building, where we plan to start building over the next several weeks. Watch the video:
By the end of this year, Stewart’s Shops will have completed two brand new shop locations along with the construction of 10 replacement shops including two in Montgomery County and two in Fulton County. The company has been reinvesting in its shops and communities, improving traffic flow and expanding its food service with Easy Food available morning, noon, and night.